Once again it’s raining non stop (in the beginning of Summer, go figure!) But to be honest, I actually haven’t minded all that much…especially since during those rainy days, Daniel was able to have a couple days off, and we just relaxed together, and Kylie was surprisingly fine being indoors as well. I definitely have my favorite “Rainy Day Activities/Routine” doesn’t everyone??? BUT FIRST…..I saved a turtle this morning!!! No, really. I was heading out to pick up some things real quick (before my relaxing day in, of course) when leaving our complex, I see this little rock looking thing scurrying across the parking lot. At first I thought “is that a frog” (we DO have tonssss of frogs here), but no, it wasn’t moving like a a frog. “OMG it’s a TURTLE!” So I hop out of my car and run over to it….all the while thinking, it would be just my luck if it were a snap turtle, and I end up losing a finger! But as I got closer I could see a red stripe on either side of it’s head. (We used to have some Red Ear Sliders just like this one….that’s actually a funny story haha, but for another time…) It was just a baby turtle, and it was going to get run over if it stayed in the road, so I picked it up and found some nice grass and bushes, I would have taken it to the muddy puddle areas by the pool, but remember, I still had my baby in the back seat of my car, so I didn’t dare go to far. I affectionately named him, Yurtle the Turtle. Daniel laughed when I told him my adventure/good deed for the day. Ha ha. But seriously, there are so many awesome things that happen in life every day, if you look for them 😀
But back to the list:
1) BOOKS—-There is seriously just something about rain that says “curl up with a blanket and a good book…you haven’t a care in the world!” I haven’t read a book cover to cover in agessss! So it felt pretty good to finish 1 1/2 in 2 days!
2) COCOA & TEA PLEASE—Uh hello! Of course you need a hot drink on a rainy day. My favorites are either hot cocoa, or some sort of herbal tea. I’m still hooked on Moroccan Cocoa. It’s just 1 scoop of cocoa powder, 2 scoops of sugar & warm milk. It’s heavenly!
3) Make A List—-Daniel laughs at me, because I’m obsessed with notebooks and making lists. To-do lists, thought lists, goals lists, list of positive things from that day, list of what I’m grateful for….making a list just makes me happy, and keeps me focused on what I want out of life, and helps me to see how great life is.
4) DEEP CONDITION—-I deep condition my hair at least once a week. My all time favorites are 1) Moroccan Oil Restorative Mask 2) Macadamia Oil. I like to leave it i for a long time, so I take advantage of the days I don’t have to go anywhere to wear a shower cap with my hair covered in deep conditioner 🙂
5) NAPS & SNUGGLES w/Kylie Girl—-Need I say more ❤ ❤ ❤