I randomly whipped this together the other day when I got caught up in the day’s activities and realized 1 hour before Daniel would get home that I had no idea what to make! So I thought hmmm, veggies is filling, brown rice is filling, and cheese is DELICIOUS! So I put them all together and we loved it so much, I made it again last night. You can obviously use less or a different cheese completely if you want to be more healthy. Also I just used almond milk (that’s all we ever have in our house) and I actually think it added more flavor 🙂 Anyway I hope you enjoy it. ***If the pictures didn’t make enough sense here are some more “how to’s”
- Cook rice however you normally do
- Place on bottom of baking dish (no grease, butter or anything)
- Layer frozen veggies over top
- Add milk (you can use more or less if you like it more or less creamy)
- place random slices of Velveeta & regular cheese throughout the dish along w/whatever meat of your choice.
- Cover w/foil, bake for 35-40 min on 400 degrees (F)
(I wait to season until after it’s baked, sometimes the cheese adds enough flavor).