*This post is great for those of you who have acne or are caught in a vicious cycle of —makeup makes you break out–need makeup to cover breakouts–makeup makes you break out more….you get it 😦 Well that was me.
Today I thought I’d share some of my Holy Grail makeup. I go through phases with my make routines…lately this has been my favorite. The whole “no makeup, makeup look” with a pop of color on the lips.
Like most of you moms out there (I’m sure), when I first got pregnant my face was invaded by a zit army. No skincare products were working & I had to accept that the breakouts were there to stay, at least until the baby came out, so covering them up was my only option. I had never worn foundation in my life so I had no idea where to turn. I tried a ton of products, and I mean a TON! BB, CC & DD creams, foundations, high end & low end…all of the above would just make the problem WORSE. Then one day my boss (bless her heart!) told me how much she loved Jane Iredale products. To say I was blown away would be an understatement. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this product & will probably use it the rest of my life quite honestly. And “why” might you ask is it so amazing…well here are a few reasons
- Non-comedogenic, doesn’t clog pores nor suffocate your skin (if you know what I mean)
- Recommended for those with sensitive skin (like ME:) )
- SPF, UVB and UVA protection
- It’s anti-inflammatory (helps soothe skin, good for those who get makeup caused breakouts
- Water resistant up to 40 minutes!!! And I can actually vouch for that
- Been tested & safe to use after treatments (laser, chemo, chemical peels etc).
- Fantastic full covereage for acne, rosacea, blemishes.
- It’s mineral ingredients…you can sleep with it on (we’ve all done that right;) )
- Paraben, gluten, wheat, talc FREE *more details here
TIPS FOR USE
~If you use TOO much of the BB cream it won’t look good…you really don’t need much at all.
~The girl selling it to me also said you MUST use a primer, but I don’t, I like the look just fine with lotion. *That may vary depending on skin type, I’m combination/dry
BB cream-Jane Iredale ‘warm sienna’
Mascara-Body Shop (black)
Concealer -Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer (Neutralizer) been using this for over a year now& it’s affordable!
Brush-Sephora 46 Brush *This is actually a bronzer brush, but I use it for foundation/bb, works wonders! It’s pricy, but seriously it’s amazing & worth the splurge, I feel 🙂